- Resources from the “United States Indian Law Panel” at the Taking on the Doctrine of Discovery, What are our Next Steps? Conference
- Date: August 18-19, 2018
- Place: Skä·noñh—Great Law of Peace Center, Onondaga Nation Territory (Liverpool, NY).
- Panelists: Joseph J. Heath, Peter D’Errico and Steven T. Newcomb. Moderated by Betty Lyons.
Listed by Author
- d’Errico, Peter. “Replacing the Doctrine of Christian Discovery and Implementing the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.”
- _____. “Indigenous Lèse-majesté: Questioning U.S. Federal Indian Law” (⤓ PDF for Download).
- _____. “Seeing through the chimera of U.S. federal Indian ‘trust’ law.” (⤓ PDF for Download).
- Heath, Joseph J. The Doctrine of Christian Discovery: Its Fundamental Importance in United States Indian Law and the Need for its Repudiation and Removal. 10 Alb. Govt. L. Rev. 112 (2017) (⤓ PDF for Download).
- _____. A Brief History of Haudenosaunee Treaty Making and The Obligations of the United States to Protect Haudenosaunee Lands and to Not Disturb the Free Use and Enjoyment Thereof. (⤓ PDF for Download).
- _____. The Citizenship Act of 1924 was an Integral Pillar of The Colonization and Forced Assimilation Policies of the United States in Violation of Treaties. (⤓ PDF for Download).
- _____. Nations Are Sovereign; They Are Not “Tribes.” (⤓ PDF for download).
- _____. Statement on the Historical Use of the Doctrine of Christian Discovery by the United States Supreme Court Since 1823. (PDF for Download).
- Miller, Robert J. (Eastern Shawnee). Native America, Discovered and Conquered, Thomas Jefferson, Lewis and Clark and Manifest Destiny.
- Newcomb, Steven T. (Shawnee/Lanape). Pagans in the Promise Land, Decoding the Doctrine of Christian Discovery (Fulcrum 2008).
- _______. Evidence of Christian Nationalism In Federal Indian Law: The Doctrine of Discovery, Johnson v. McIntosh, and Plenary Power” in NYU Review of Law and Social Change (volume 20, issue 2), 1992. (⤓ PDF for Download).
- _______. The Biblical Basis of Federal Indian Law & Policy.
- Williams, Robert A. Jr. The American Indian in Western Legal Thought: The Discourses of Conquest (OUP 1992).
- Newcomb, Steven T. The Doctrine of Discovery, Unmasking The Domination Code, 38 plus 2 Productions.
- Heath, Joseph J. “The Doctrine of Christian Discovery.” (⤓ PDF for Download).