Minute 15.22.03. Doctrine of Discovery
- a) repudiate the Doctrine of Discovery, and its theological foundations as a relic of colonialism, feudalism, and religious, cultural, and racial biases that have no place in the treatment of First Peoples; and
- b) affirm the World Council of Churches “Statement on the Doctrine of Discovery Impact on Indigenous Peoples”, and encourage its consideration in the Church and, in particular, in theological colleges. (Agreement)
- Ray Minniecon, President’s National Ministers’ Conference, Darwin – 29 June 2017, Paper 3 The Doctrine of Discovery, (Powerpoint PDF), June 29 2017.
- John T. Squires Affirming the Sovereignty of First Peoples: undoing the Doctrine of Discovery, Blog, August 13, 2018.
- John T. Squires On Covenant, Reconciliation, and Sovereignty, Blog, October 13, 2018.
Uniting Church in Australia, "Uniting Church in Australia, Repuidates the Doctrine of Discovery," Doctrine of Discovery Project (4 September 2022), https://doctrineofdiscovery.org/repudiations/faith-communities/uniting-church-in-australia/.